Getting started on the road to weight loss can be daunting. But, if you look at the process as a journey instead of a destination, your odds of success will greatly improve. We know that the number one reason people want to lose weight is to “look better”. However, you need to remind yourself that there are many additional health benefits you will gain along the way:
- Increased energy
- Increased mental focus
- Improved sleep
- Improved Health Metrics (e.g. cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose etc…)
This isn’t a short-term process, so, you should ask yourself these important questions, and answer them honestly, before you begin:
- Why do you want to lose weight?
- Are you committed to making life-long changes not temporary ones?
- Are you ready to set defined short, medium and long-term goals?
- Can you accept small set backs as just that and not give up altogether?
- Can you be patient with the process?
To lose weight effectively and keep it off requires changes to the following:
- Your daily habits
- What and how you eat
- Your activity level
Tiny URL for this post: