- Improves heart health – cycling 20 miles a week can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by 50%.
- Improves coordination – cycling is a whole body workout. Moving both your feet in circles whilst simultaneously steering with both hands, or in the case of a bike desk, typing or writing with your hands.
- Reduces stress – like any other form of exercise, cycling can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Burns calories – cycling can burn up to 300 calories per hour helping you trim your waistline.
- Easy on the joints – cycling, like swimming, lets you exercise without putting too much strain on your joints therefore preserving cartilage.
- Boosts immune system – “moderate exercise makes immune cells more active, so they’re read to fight off infection,” says Cath Collins, chief dietician at St. George’s Hospital in London.
- Increases life expectancy!
Tiny URL for this post: