- Wear workout shoes. Airports have nice long hallways for walking while waiting for a flight. If you have time, walk between terminals instead of taking a train or moving sidewalk.
- Before you go, look online to find parks, running tracks, pools and gyms at your destination.
- If staying with family, ask about your options ahead of time and plan, plan, plan.
- Get your family involved in a group activity such as a walk, hike or snowshoe, it’s a great time to connect away from the food.
- If you are staying in a highrise hotel, you can always climb the stairs. Throw in some lunges every 5 landings and you’ve just enhanced your workout! Throw in some pushups too for bonus points!
- If you are in a new city, get out for an early morning walk. There’s no better way to see a city come alive than by having your “feet on the ground”. Have you been to Chinatown at 7am?
- Walking is always a great option, even if you take two, twenty minutes walks (after dinner is always good) it’s better than sitting!
As I always say, “something is better than nothing”! Plan ahead, look forward to activity and enjoy!
Tiny URL for this post: