Aligning the Treadmill Belt
Ensure the running belt is centered on your treadmill at all times. Running style and a non- level surface are two instances that may cause the belt to drift off center. Minor adjustments to the two bolts at the rear of the treadmill are necessary when the belt has drifted off center.
- 1. Press "START", then increase the treadmill speed to 3 mph (5 kph).
- 2. Stand at the rear of the treadmill to determine which direction the belt is drifting.
- 3. If the belt drifts to the left, turn the left adjustment bolt one-quarter turn clockwise and the right adjustment bolt one-quarter turn counter-clockwise. (See FIG.C)
- 4. If the belt drifts to the right, turn the left adjustment bolt one-quarter turn counter-clockwise and the right adjustment bolt one-quarter turn clockwise. (See FIG.D)
- 5. Observe the tracking of the belt for about two minutes. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 as needed.