LIFESPAN BIKE DESK FEATURED ON TODAY SHOW
October 18, 2013
Many have heard of LifeSpan’s Treadmill Desk and the benefits of getting up and walking throughout your work day. But the newest concept of our Active WorkStation is the Bike Desk, built for people who would like to exercise and boost their metabolism while still working.
Highlighted on the TODAY Show on Wednesday, October 16 the bike desk had the cast raving about moving while working. The "What's Hot in Health Segment" covered the most popular items on the market today. Joy Bauer said it perfectly "Pedal slow and steady, so you never get crazy winded, so you can concentrate on your work." Standing desks have been a preferred option for years, even back to Winston Churchill using one. While standing is a better alternative to sitting, having the ability to move throughout the day while still performing all your tasks, is revolutionary.
The LifeSpan bike desk is available for customers that own existing standing desks or in a whole set with an electronically adjusting desk. The bike itself is no larger than a standard office chair and can be rolled under the desk or out of the way when not in use.
Studies have shown that people who are active throughout the day are more productive, it lowers their blood pressure, resting heart-rate and increases metabolism and blood flow. So why not make your work, work?
- Get Out of Your Chair If You Want to Live
- Workout Desks Provide Numerous Health Benefits
- Do You Have Sitting Disease?
- Lack of Physical Activity Found as Harmful as Poor Diet and Smoking
- Even with exercise, long periods spent sedentary are deemed a health risk
- Inactive Lifestyle Could be More Damaging to Your Health than Smoking
- Do you have 'sitting disease'?
- Get Up and Move!!
- Health Risks of a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Minimal Intensity Physical Activity (Standing and Walking)...
- Short Desk Breaks Life Enhancing